On 09/02/10 04:50, lim goh wrote:
> However, what I am trying to achieve might be easier than getting
> maven to build a huge GT/GS pom.
> I really just wanted to see my changes in Geotools gets hit in a
> breakpoint while debugging Geoserver.
> In other words, my question should be, if I determined something is
> wrong in GS because of GeoTools,
> I modified GeoTools (and added corresponding tests), now before I
> commit I want to see GS using my new behaviour to verify that my
> change DID fix the problem,
> that's where I'm stuck at...
> Do I:
> 1. copy/replace jar files? If yes, where to where?
> 2. modify pom files so that GS's "mvn install" picks up the new Geotools code?
> 3 use a flag in mvn like mvn -Dfile=??

Eclipse configured by Maven resolves dependencies in your local
repository. GeoServer running in Eclipse gets all its GeoTools
dependencies from this local repository.

Workflow:
(1) Make your GeoTools change.
(2) Run "mvn -o clean install" from the base directory of the changed
GeoTools module (you do not need to rebuild all of GeoTools every time
[although you should before you commit]). This will install in your
local repository the jar files (binary and sources) containing your changes.
(3) Restart GeoServer from Eclipse. The running application will use the
changed version of GeoTools.

> Also Ben, I wonder if you can benefit from Eclipse's concept of
> working set. I myself have one workspace with Geotools in one working
> set, and Geoserver in another...

That is an interesting idea. I have not yet tried it.

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben.caradoc-dav...@csiro.au>
Software Engineer, CSIRO Earth Science and Resource Engineering