So I have gone over this patch ... and it really looks like a data structure
rather then an object.

As an example we have units and unitSymbol as a string; were possible we use a
real java Unit class (which knows its symbol). The extent is holding onto a
value as a String (an unparsed string since it is a CDATA section.

Perhaps we could back up and look at what data is being communicated here?

We already have CRSEnvelope and boundingBoxes and others in the mix trying to
capture this information.

I would like to make use of these facilities; extending CRSEnvelope if we need
to cover additional dimensions.

Jody