On 27/04/10 01:05, Andrea Aime wrote:
> Jody Garnett ha scritto:
>>> As stated before I like the direction this is going, just worried a
>>> bit about the timing and the fact this would make porting patches
>>> over from 2.6.x to trunk (or vice versa) harder for a few months
>>> (until we release 2.7.0)
>>
>> So is that worry enough for a +0? Or could you make a good suggestion
>> with respect to timing?
>
> I leaning towards +0 because of this but I would like to hear what
> others have to say about the proposal as well.

I'll give this a +1.

For anyone who as experienced the pain of generics in the
DataStore/FeatureSource family, this has to be a big usability win for
simple feature use cases of GeoTools. It will also make it slightly
easier to spot code that is not complex-feature-ready. I agree with
Andrea that it will make porting patches a bit harder, but we have been
a bit spoiled by the closeness of 2.6.x/trunk, and we should not let
developer comfort get in the way of fixing the serious user suffering
that Jody recently observed in person.

Nice work, Jody.

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben.caradoc-dav...@csiro.au>