From: christian.muel...@nvoe.at [mailto:christian.muel...@nvoe.at]
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2010 1:21 AM
To: Baskar, Dhanapal
Cc: geotools-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Geotools-devel] Proposed Mosaicing GeoRaster Module

Hi Baskar, it looks like you want to denote your code to geotools. I
am not sure
about that. What we can do in any case, we could attach your code as
an example to the documentation. This would be nice. I assume your
customer has allowed you to publish your code.

@Andrea, any legal problems if we add the code as an example to the wiki ?

The other possibility is to really integrate your code into geotools.
If you like to do that, there are some additional things to check.

1) I think your db layout is using one table to store the tiles. Do
you create pyramids for each tile ?. If this is the case, then we can
stop here since pyramids have to be built from the whole image,
otherwise it is not correct.
The correct way would be to create the pyramids yourself and store
them in different tables or add an db attribute "pyramidlevel" to the
db table.
Btw, this is the way how to do it with postgis wkt raster.

2) If we can clarify 1) , you have to add Online Tests, see
H2CustomTest and GeorasterOnlineTest as an example. I have to check
against Orcale 10.2

3) You must sign a developer agreement (I do not know the exact name
for this paper).

What are your preferences

This message may contain confidential or proprietary information intended only
for the use of the addressee(s) named above or may contain information that is
legally privileged. If you are not the intended addressee, or the person
responsible for delivering it to the intended addressee, you are hereby
notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this message is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please
immediately notify us by replying to the message and delete the original
message and any copies immediately thereafter.

Thank you.