Subject: Re: [Geotools-devel] how to get Bursa-Wolf parameters in WKT strings
From: jody.garn...@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 08:35:11 +1000
CC: geotools-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
To: jm...@hotmail.fr

Hi Jean
Here is what I kind of do; I use the CoordinateReferenceSystem created my WKT
to look up the "Real" CoordinateReferenceSystem produced by the EPSG database
(which is much more complete).
There is an "Equals" method that ignores metadata to assist you with this; and
because I find CoordinateReferenceSystem stuff difficult to manage by hand
there should be a helper method ...
Yes there is - indeed it is one of the use-cases covered by the user guide:-
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTDOC/01+CRS+Helper+Class#01CRSHelperClass-SearchingforaCoordinateReferenceSystem
Cheers, Jody
On 13/05/2010, at 3:15 AM, Jean Marie wrote:Hello

my purpose is to get a list of projection systems described in a WKT format (so
using gt-epsg-hsql-2.6.3) ;
and then to use these WKT representations to achieve tranformations using only
the library gt-referencing-2.6.3.jar

to get these WKT strings I use the following code :

CoordinateReferenceSystem crsSrc =
ReferencingFactoryFinder.getCRSAuthorityFactory("EPSG",
null).createCoordinateReferenceSystem(EPSG);
and then crsSrc.toWKT() gives the WKT specification for EPSG

I took 3 WKT representations for respectively EPSG = "EPSG:4326", EPSG =
"EPSG:2056" and EPSG = "EPSG:27572"
then I created for each one a CoordinateOperationFactory object to carry out 2
transformations :
one from 4326 to 2056 (Switzerland) et the other from 4326 to 27572 (France)
using the WKT strings

I noticed that the WGS84 to Swiss transformation is correct,
while the WGS84 to French transformation generates an error saying that
Bursa-Wolf parameters are required ;

I would like to know how to sort out this problem as I need accurate results
and I cannot afford to use the following code involving some transformation
errors:

CRS.findMathTransform(crsSrc, crsDest, true)

is it possible to get Bursa-Wolf parameters in each WKT representation ?

thanks a lot

Jean-Marie

Vous voulez protéger votre vie privée ? La solution avec Internet Explorer 8