Hi Andrea, Jody,

I'm reworking the RenderingExecutor class in the swing module. At
present, RenderingExecutor is designed to work with one map pane,
running one rendering task at a time.  In the new swing code
RenderingExecutor will offer multiple threads (from a cached thread
pool) and be able to work with more than one map pane. My main reason
for doing this is to allow for "linked" panes...

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOT-3106

I have a dim memory of the two of you discussing multithreaded
rendering for better performance. Is this something that would be
useful to allow for in the new swing code, and if so, how (just in
general terms) ?

Michael