Had a good session hacking on:
- http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/MapContext+Refactor

Resulting in a pretty picture and some sample code that I will form into a
patch (or commit?)

Surprises:
- The approach for replacing DefaultMapLayer is working
- MapContext has code and events around "area of interest" - that everyone is
ignoring :-) I think we should keep and use them; but Micheal is in shock and
would like a separate viewport model (crs+bounds+map of intersting stuff like
elevation, time)
- Ended up with Map and Layer ... what do you think?
- Layer needs a dispose (so it can stop listening to a feature source); or it
needs an interactive flag for geoserver use so it never starts listening

Jody (and Michael under duress)