Jody Garnett ha scritto:
> Can we arrange for maven to yell at us when HashMap is used?
>
> Ben I have been known to use a couple of the other Map
> implementations; such as ConcurrentHashMap (and we also have our own
> WeakHashMap) - we may need to check if these implementations suffer
> the same weaknesses as HashMap.

Yes, they do, but again, it's the developer fault, if the iteration
order is important you should not be using them, period.

Just because someone did not pay attention we should be randomly
condemning usage of hashes.

It's not HashMap that's harmful, it's the clueless developer that is.
But we can all learn and improve no?

Andrea Aime
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org