Andrea,

I am surprised to see this. I have never seen this failure. What version
of maven are you using? Do you have a local time problem? Why would a
forced-update work when you should already have the artifacts in your
local repo?

I understand that my use of version ranges causes artifacts to be
treated a bit more like snapshots, as maven looks for later versions in
the range. I am considering changing all of of them to single versions
and redeploying. I am trying to avoid this because it means any change
to a low-level artifact requires changing all artifacts that depend on it.

I'd love to know why this is failing for you. If we can't figure it out
and fix it, I'll change the artifacts. (I am pretty much stuck in
meetings until next week.)

Kind regards,
Ben.

--