Greetings all,

I just converted the LOB test and ran into some issues with it. Ingres
returns BLOBs with the type code Type.LONGVARBINARY so I mapped that to
the Blob.class which is the type Ingres returns. Same with CLOBs, the
mapping is Type.LONGVARCHAR to Clob.class. The test tries to cast the
Blob.class type to a byte[] and it fails miserably :(

I saw the Oracle driver had OracleBlob/ClobConverterFactory but I am
uncertain exactly how these work. The Clob/Blob classes will work with
the getString() method however it is not "recommended" (whatever that
means in practice) for large streams and you should instead use the
InputStream methods.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

--
Alex
http://bit.ly/geodb