No use of exclude_dirnames ( http://sphinx.pocoo.org/config.html ) will
ever fix this, because copy_static_entry() in sphinx/util/__init__.py
only checks the top-level directory name (for example
docs/tutorial/../themes/geotools-tutorial/static/img) before calling
shutil.copytree(), which copies everything inside img including .svn .

Victor, are you running "mvn clean install"? I wonder if one workaround
is to ensure you start with no pre-existing files; mvn clean should take
care of this for you.

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben.caradoc-dav...@csiro.au>
Software Engineering Team Leader