Ciao MIlton,
sorry for the late answer.
Please, read below...
===
Notice that our office phone number has recently changed!
Please, update your records!
===
Ing. Simone Giannecchini
GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Founder
Via Carignoni 51
55041  Camaiore (LU)
Italy

phone: +39 0584962313
fax:      +39 0584962313
mob:    +39 333 8128928

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://geo-solutions.blogspot.com/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/simonegiannecchini
http://twitter.com/simogeo

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 3:58 PM, Milton Jonathan
<mil...@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> Hey Simone
>
> Picking that up, someone here just asked me the other day the following
> question: how to read a raster file with a user-specified CRS.
>
> I understand this patch will allow that, right?

The goal of this patch is to allow users to create a reader specifying
a default CRS as a hint which will override the internal CRS, in case
there is one or that will set the CRS itself in case it is missing.

> My questions:
> - Will this allow the user to override the raster's CRS, even if there
> is one?

See above, that is the goal.

Simone.