Justin,

I am quite keen to upgrade EMF to see if it helps resolve some of our
outstanding issues:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOT-3431
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOT-3327

I will not be able to devote serious time to this until 28 March at the
earliest, but you could give me a few hints as to how this should be
done. (If you are doing this yourself, please let me know.)

- What version of EMF should we target?

- The eclipse maven repos look far behind, and the last thing we need is
another repo in our builds (and I'm sure Andrea will agree with me).

- EMF 2.6.1 is out:
http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/download.php?file=/modeling/emf/emf/downloads/drops/2.6.x/R201009141218/emf-xsd-SDK-2.6.1.zip

- One of us could extract the emf/xsd/common binary and source jars from
the zip, rename them, and deploy them to the geotools repo. Is this how
you uploaded the existing artifacts?

- This would also be a good time to put the dependencies under
dependency management in the root pom. One example, from the gt-xsd-core
pom.xml:

     <dependency>
       <groupId>org.eclipse.xsd</groupId>
       <artifactId>xsd</artifactId>
       <version>2.2.2</version>
     </dependency>
     <dependency>
       <groupId>org.eclipse.emf</groupId>
       <artifactId>common</artifactId>
       <version>2.2.1</version>
     </dependency>
     <dependency>
       <groupId>org.eclipse.emf</groupId>
       <artifactId>ecore</artifactId>
       <version>2.2.2</version>
     </dependency>

Just thinking aloud, so please interrupt me if I am going off track.  :-)

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben.caradoc-dav...@csiro.au>
Software Engineering Team Leader