On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 9:25 AM, Simone Giannecchini
<simone.giannecch...@geo-solutions.it> wrote:
> Ciao a tutti,
> after hearing complaints about the size of geotools when checking out
> from svn I decided
> to take a look at what we could remove/reduce.
>
> Here is some modules which I think we could remove, of course I need
> to talk to you guys in order to understand what can be achieved:
>
> - caching? Looks like an abandoned module to me
> - db2
> - geometry
> - jts-wrapper
> - mysql
> - oracle-spatial
> - postgis/postgis versioned
> - shapefile renderer
> - sql-datastore
> - vpf

The old db2, mysql and oracle-spatial modules can go afaik, they have been
replaced.

I've just sent a mail about shapefile renderer on the users list, I know quite
a few people used to use it.

postgis versioned is used by the GS WFS-V and GSS modules, and that
in turn depends on the old postgis module. There should be also some
uDig based client somewhere making use of it.
So to delete them we'd also have to remove the dependent modules.

Don't know about the other modules

Ing. Andrea Aime
GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Tech lead