On 30/05/11 12:25, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Thanks for the example Ben. I am pretty sure we should relax the restriction
> (and it would be great if you reviewed the proposal and had this input
> previously).

Sure but I didn't realise all the implications until I tried to port
some of these Functions.

The underlying problem is the lack of support for parameter typing,
dispatch based on function signature, or named parameters; these
deficiencies can be traced all the way back to the OGC Filter spec. we
are almost at the point of requiring a DSL to describe functions.

Jody, I have had a look at your updates:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/Detailed+Argument+and+Return+Info+for+FunctionName

I don't understand what you are proposing. Are you proposing to add more
Parameter constructor arguments? This is getting quite hairy; perhaps a
FunctionNameBuilder might help?

Can you please add a use-case of Interpolate?

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben.caradoc-dav...@csiro.au>
Software Engineering Team Leader