Hi Jody,

Currently I am working on http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOS-4300 and to fix
it I think I will need some to make some changes to Query.java. I have attached
the patch along in this email and hope you will be able to look at it. It's not
complete but I would like to know if I can make those changes before I proceed
any further.

The cause of this issue is when the top level feature doesn't have a
geometry(crs) therefore in GetFeature.toDataquery()

  if (target != null && declaredCRS != null && !CRS.equalsIgnoreMetadata(crs,
target)) {
            dataQuery.setCoordinateSystemReproject(target);
        }

The declaredCrs will always be null.  And because its null, there won't be any
reprojection for the nested features which do have crs.

The srsName stored in QueryTypeImpl is lost when it is converted at line the
following line in GetFeature.toDataquery()

Query dataQuery = new Query(typeName.getLocalPart(), transformedFilter,
maxFeatures,
                props, query.getHandle());

Hence my intention to add "dataQuery.setTargetSrsName(query.getSrsName());" so
that I can still access the target crs when building the nested feature.

Thank you :)

Victor Tey
Software Engineer
ASRDC
Phone: [cid:image002.gif@01CC25F5.B543B3B0] +61 8 6436 8944
victor....@csiro.au<mailto:victor....@csiro.au> |
www.csiro.au<http://www.csiro.au/> |
Address: Australian Resources Research Centre, 26 Dick Perry Avenue, Kensington
WA 6151
PLEASE NOTE
The information contained in this email may be confidential or privileged. Any
unauthorised use or disclosure is prohibited. If you have received this email
in error, please delete it immediately and notify the sender by return email.
Thank you. To the extent permitted by law, CSIRO does not represent, warrant
and/or guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained
or that the communication is free of errors, virus, interception or
interference.

<<inline: image001.gif>>

<<inline: image002.gif>>

<<inline: image003.gif>>