They have been moving to a single LDAP service for all their services; not sure
what credentials the script uses to ssh in? Perhaps they need to be refreshed...

Although it actually looks like the "cd" is failing so perhaps the directory
structure has changed.

Indeed when I login I cannot see a /home/geotools user ... perhaps I am not
understanding what to expect based on that error message.

I would expect:
  cd /osgeo/geotools/htdocs/user

I would wait to hear from Justin; and then raise a ticket if the error does not
make sense to him.