Hi Michael,

I can refer you to my start point in the jgrasstools where they used OMS for
jGrass:
http://code.google.com/p/jgrasstools/
They also have very active mailing list;

You can also see some OMS examples in the OMS3 web site:
http://www.javaforge.com/project/oms

For my case, I used the spatial toolbox in the uDig and imported some parts
of that as a processing environment to provide some utilities for urban
researchers in Australia.
http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/EN/Introduction+to+the+Spatial+Toolbox

If you have any particular question, let me know or posted in the mailing
list.

Regards,
Bahman