A "silent" question here.

Justin gave me a crash course in git and it seems that git is superior
to svn. I really start liking it.

On the other side,  working with git and an svn repository seems to be
complicated.

With geotools 8 and geoserver 2.2 we switch to SDK6, why not switching
to a git repository with these upcoming versions ?