Yeah, if you look at the patch it actually modifies the rename script so
that on the main branch it is never modified. Basically adding a
@VERSION@placeholder.

Anyways, the scripts take this into account, i have just never ran them
through a full trial to test the commit back but its the same pattern as
GeoServer and I just cribbed the scripts from there and stripped them down.

--
Justin Deoliveira
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org