Perhaps you are thinking of the simple feature service (SFS) community
module in GeoServer?

http://svn.codehaus.org/geoserver/trunk/src/community/sfs/

http://svn.codehaus.org/geoserver/trunk/src/community/sfs/src/main/resources/applicationContext.xmlis
the file that describes the URLs respected by this service; I'm not
sure
if there's any higher-level documentation handy.

--
David Winslow
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/