Hey Michael,

Again this is personal preference as there a few ways to do it (basically
how you want to organize your remotes) but when i want to update the
primary branches in my fork here is what i do:

% git checkout master
% git pull geotools master
% git push jdeolive master

% git checkout 8.x
% git pull geotools 8.x
% git push jdeolive 8.x

And so on for any branch you want to sync.

In my local repo my remote references look like this:

% git remote -v
geotools git@github-jdeolive:geotools/geotools.git (fetch)
geotools git@github-jdeolive:geotools/geotools.git (push)
jdeolive git@github-jdeolive:jdeolive/geotools.git (fetch)
jdeolive git@github-jdeolive:jdeolive/geotools.git (push)

Hope that helps.

-Justin

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 7:40 PM, Michael Bedward
<michael.bedw...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Justin,
>
> is there a recommended work-flow for keeping our developer forks in
> sync with the canonical branches ?
>
> Michael
>

> On 3 July 2012 11:09, Justin Deoliveira <jdeol...@opengeo.org> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > The 8.x branch has been cut.
> >
> >   https://github.com/geotools/geotools/tree/8.x
> >
> > And along with it.
> >
> >   https://github.com/geotools/geotools/tree/rel_8.x
> >
> > I have also run through the paces of generating out the 8.0-RC2 release,
> > fixing issues that resulted from the git changeover along the way. I
> haven't
> > put together any of the announcements or anything. I believe Victor had
> > something ready to go?
> >
> > -Justin
> >
> > --
> > Justin Deoliveira
> > OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org
> > Enterprise support for open source geospatial.

Justin Deoliveira
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org