Even pointed me at further discussion about this issue:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=geotools-administration&max_rows=25&style=nested&viewmonth=201207

For people outside of the geotools community, such as the board, I think
it would be helpful to explain why some PSC members might object to a
license change.

And the obvious question which hasn't seemed to be touched on is whether
a dual license would be acceptable?

I get the feeling that there are bigger implications than just a license
change which have not been publicly verbalised, and I think it would
help to get these out in the open.
* In particular, it seems that core to this discussion is the
relationship between OSGeo and LocationTech, along with business
implications associated with that.
* A board decision related to geotools will likely have implications on
similar discussions likely to happen for other OSGeo projects.

Disclaimer: I'm personally not on the OSGeo Board, or Geotools PSC
(although I did mentor Geotools through incubation)

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager

Think Globally, Fix Locally