On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 5:28 PM, Victor Olaya <vol...@opengeo.org> wrote:

> > Could we have more than one relationship? How do we handle it?
>
> You mean one parameter related to many other ones? That could be
> useful, but I guess it risks making it difficult to handle, since
> probably additional information was needed to fully describe that more
> complex relation. Can you put an example of a case where that could be
> used? To be honest, I just proposed this improvement for the
> "attribute-from-vector-layer" case,

I see what you mean. I guess the usage of a generic name such as
RELATED is probably too much then, as there might be many types of
relationships, like validation ones, max > min for example, or an
enumerated value whose possible values actually depend on a choice
of another attribute (e.g., a process that can take both rater and vector
input and that has an attribute name which makes sense only if the
input is vector).

I'm wondering if something more specific would be better suited if we're
not after a tool to describe general relationships.
Something like KVP("FEATURE_ATTRIBUTE", "th ueSourceCollection")
for example.

If we go for RELATED instead maybe the value could be a Relation empty
base class, which has a FeatureAttribute subclass, and other subclasses
could
be created if we want to describe other kinds of relationships:
KVP("RELATED", Collections.asList(new
FeatureAttribute("theSourceCollection")))

(the above also takes into account that we might have more than one
relationship
by using a list, maybe the convention could be relaxed and accept either a
Relation
or a list of Relation as a possible value, I guess that could be documented)

Just my 2 cents

==
Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for more
information.