> I just fixed a test compile failure in gt-webservice (unsupported; we
> build it on our Jenkins), replacing a size method with
> DataUtilities.count . Yes, *another* size method, who would have
> thought? :-)

measure twice, cut once.
> This cleanup was made much easier by your excellent documentation. I am
> so pleased with it that I am linking to it here for all to see:
> http://geotoolsnews.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/featurecollection-cleanup.html
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/FeatureCollection+cleanup

You missed the two that can use a review!
- http://docs.geotools.org/latest/userguide/welcome/upgrade.html
- http://docs.geotools.org/latest/userguide/library/main/collection.html

> You made some mention in confluence and git commit logs of the unsafe
> use of use utility classes in app-schema (simple feature assumptions?).
> I see your in-code comments. Please direct us to remaining areas of
> concern and we will at the least get them into Jira.

It is more that I was very focused not he feature collection cleanup, and ran
into the unsafe casts you describe. That makes me concerned that there may be
similar assumptions in the app-schema code. So I do not have anything specific;
just a general request for a code review / QA pass.
(even just filling in all the generics as I was doing turns up a bit).
> Thanks also for your improvements to dodgy size implementations in
> app-schema tests. Some of these classes go back to 2007 or earlier and
> need some attention.

You can thank Andrea for his detailed review, and the direction of minimising
code duplication.
(Thanks Andrea)