On 04/12/12 23:41, Andrea Aime wrote:
> However, all the schemas in the main gml 3.2 are also different in some way,
> thought I've not verified to what extent)

When Justin created the original GML 3.2.1 bindings, he modified or
removed several types in xsd files to break cyclic type definitions that
were then not handled by xmlcodegen. When I changed xmlcodegen to
support cyclic definitions, I reverted most of the workarounds Justin
implemented. The only changes that are still necessary are the paths in
import and include statements because the directory layout used by
Justin does not match that used by OGC (for sensible java packaging
reasons). This should be transparent to users of the Configuration. The
information model should be almost identical.

I also added a copy of the old xlinks schema to satisfy dependencies:
geotools/modules/extension/xsd/xsd-gml3/src/main/resources/org/geotools/gml3/v3_2/xlinks.xsd

app-schema has been widely tested in production with the GML 3.2.1
bindings (WaterML, SWE, O&M2, ...). There are a couple of types where
the Java bindings are incomplete, but in general support is pretty good.

What makes you think your pain is caused by the XLink changes? I agree
that this is a plausible cause, but I wonder, what are the symptoms?

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben.caradoc-dav...@csiro.au>
Software Engineer