From: andrea.a...@gmail.com [mailto:andrea.a...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of
Andrea Aime
Sent: December-09-12 4:02 AM
To: Alex Trofast
Cc: geotools-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Geotools-devel] ClassCastException on Windows Only

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 10:57 PM, Alex Trofast <alex.trof...@actian.com>
wrote:

        Hello all,

        Working on the Ingres experimental plugin on Windows for the
first time I get test failures I don't see on Linux. The exception is a
ClassCastException and the backtrace looks like this:
        JDBCDataStore.insertSQLPS(SimpleFeatureType, SimpleFeature,
List, Connection) line: 3688

        JDBCDataStore.insert(Collection, SimpleFeatureType, Connection)
line: 1438

        JDBCDataStore.insert(SimpleFeature, SimpleFeatureType,
Connection) line: 1401

        JDBCInsertFeatureWriter.write() line: 76

        InProcessLockingManager$1.write() line: 337

        JDBCFeatureStore(ContentFeatureStore).addFeature(SimpleFeature,
FeatureWriter<SimpleFeatureType,SimpleFeature>) line: 291

        JDBCFeatureStore(ContentFeatureStore).addFeatures(Collection)
line: 219

        ContentFeatureCollection.addAll(Collection) line: 443

        ContentFeatureCollection.add(SimpleFeature) line: 429

        ContentFeatureCollection.add(Feature) line: 68

IngresPrimaryKeyTest(JDBCPrimaryKeyTest).addFeature(SimpleFeatureType,
FeatureCollection) line: 93

IngresPrimaryKeyTest(JDBCPrimaryKeyTest).testNonIncrementingPrimaryKey()
line: 83

        The error occurs on this line:
                        Geometry geometry = (Geometry)
feature.getAttribute(att.getName());

        In the debugger it does look like the attribute that is supposed
to be the geometry is just a string, the WKT representation of the
Geometry ("POINT(4 4)"). Anyone have any ideas here?

Nope... the current Geotools and GeoServer trunk are building properly
on continuous build server

(a Windows 7 machine):

http://office.geo-solutions.it/jenkins/

==