(Resend as we need to make a choice)

TLDR: Allura upgrade in 2013 Q1 will migrate our email archives - want to
migrate to OSGeo instead? Reply with yes/no and we can create a SAC ticket.

Got an email from source forge today (apparently we have ignored the
"update" button to migrate to some new "Allura" platform:
- https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/wiki/Allura%20Wiki/
- http://incubator.apache.org/projects/allura.html

SourceForge ask us to talk to them if we have an unusually large number of
forums/repositories/trackers - I thing we really just care about
our email archives.

SourceForge is NOT changing the following:

Project summary page
File releases and download stats <--- GOOD
Project Reviews

And is replacing the following with Allura:

Meta-data (name, description, trove categories, etc)
Members and permissions
Project News
Forums
Hosted Applications and Project Web
Virtual Host configuration and MySQL databases
Git, Subversion, Mercurial, Bazaar and CVS repositories
Mailing Lists <--- NOT SO GOOD
Tracker data
Project Donations

We do have the option of migrating our email archives over to OSGeo. That
may be a preferable option if they are going to mess with things overmuch.

Is it worth writing a proposal (or just creating SAC Ticket?). Or do we hit
the upgrade button and see what the result looks like ...

Here is the email:

Dear GeoTools, the java GIS toolkit project admin,

Since your project has shown some activity in the last few months, we
want to be sure that you're aware that some changes are happening at
SourceForge, and we want to be sure you're not caught by surprise.

As you may already be aware, SourceForge is upgrading to a new platform
(code-named Allura), and as a result, we'll be retiring the Classic
SourceForge platform, which your project is still using. Our goal is to
have everybody off of the old platform in the first quarter of next
year, so that we can retire that code and focus our attention on the new
platform. It would, of course, be preferable if you migrate your own
project in your own time.

You can read more about the new platform at
https://sourceforge.net/p/**upgrade/ <https://sourceforge.net/p/upgrade/> and
then, when you're ready, press
the Upgrade button next to your project name.

If you have any concerns about the process, or if your project has an
unusually large number of forums, source code repositories, or trackers,
please don't hesitate to contact us to discuss your upgrade. It's
important to us that it go smoothly.

As always, thanks for being part of the SourceForge community.