Went mostly smoothly, had to manually upload artefacts to source forge (script
problem transferring the files, I think due to the "GeoTools 9 releases" folder
not being created yet?
-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/geotools/files/GeoTools%209%20Releases/9.0-beta1/

I did test the build artefacts after the fix yesterday (thanks!).

I would ask the developer list to check over JIRA and close anything that was
missed, perhaps keeping the change proposals and recent pull requests in mind:

a) https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOT/fixforversion/18966
b)
https://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10270&version=18966
c) https://github.com/geotools/geotools/pulls?page=1&sort=updated&state=closed

If you see something that is missed what should we do? Suggestion: create a
placeholder JIRA for our change log (linking to the pull request?).

I would also ask that we keep our traditional look out for members of the
community to thank (particularly if they are a new contributor).

When this is taken care of (and I can confirm GeoServer releases okay ontop of
this release) we can make the appropriate blog announcement.