From: Landon Blake [mailto:sunburned.surve...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 2 July 2013 11:42 AM
To: geotools dev
Subject: [Geotools-devel] JTIN Version 2 Source Code (The Continuing Git Saga)

I finally resorted to the Git command line today. With some help from this page:
http://docs.geotools.org/latest/developer/procedures/git.html
and from this page:
http://learn.github.com/p/normal.html
I managed to clone more fork of the GeoTools Git repo and add commit a new
folder and text file to my clone. I then was able to push these changes back to
my fork on GitHub.
I took some brief notes I will try to share on one of my blogs. Perhaps we can
add this to the GeoTools wiki if others think it will be helpful.
I'm really nervous about pushing anything to the GeoTools master using Git. I'd
like to just work in my fork on GitHub for a while, until I get more
comfortable using Git from the command line. Would it be a problem if I pushed
a single batch of changes to the JTIN Version 2 unsupported module in the
GeoTools master repository in a couple of weeks?
For the time being, Julian and I will keep working on the code in my SVN repo:
https://subversion.assembla.com/svn/surveyos/trunk/java/sandbox/jtin_v2/src/
I'll be moving code over to my GeoTools fork on GitHub every week.
Now that I've made it this far, I'll see if I can take a look at the GeoTools
DXF pull request. :]
Landon