On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 1:56 PM, Jody Garnett <jody.garn...@gmail.com>wrote:

> To trade performance for pretty - you could also use a geometry
> transformation to generate random points within a polygon at a specific
> density, and then style the points with a PointSymbolizer.

I believe that would not generate consistent results when using tiling, and
would have either gaps or
cut symbols at tile borders?
Also, randomizing the rotation in a consistent way (move the map, get the
same fill) would become
at least more complicated (not sure if it would be doable at all if you
have more than one symbol
in the fills)

==
Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for more