Mike,

what is the nature of the collaboration? If the collaboration includes a
formal agreement that one party (i.e. one company) owns the copyright to
the work, then that party is able to contribute. Otherwise, we will
likely need all copyright owners to sign. I will consult with the
project management committee to confirm.

In any case, all authors must be identified in code comments to ensure
that the moral right to attribution is respected.

Kind regards,
Ben.

On 09/10/13 09:21, Mike Benowitz wrote:
> Can someone clarify the procedure for submitting a code contribution that is
> a collaborative effort by authors from multiple companies?
>
> Does item #7 of the contributor license agreement apply ("Should You wish to
> submit work that is not Your original creation, You may submit it to the
> Foundation separately from any Contribution...")? What if splitting up the
> submission results in pieces that do not stand on their own?
>
> And where should the attribution (or "Submitted on behalf of..." note)
> appear? Commit comments? Pull request comments? In the source files?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben.caradoc-dav...@csiro.au>
Software Engineer