Yes, for sure - they both have different points when they are "done".

The CSVDataStore module won't be "done" until GeoServer passes importer
tests.

The tutorial will not be done until the sphinx docs reads okay. Sometimes
you can ask for a volunteer on the geotools-user list to "play test" a new
tutorial and provide feedback.