Hi,

Sorry about the noise. I saw Jody asking me if there's an issue, responded
to that by creating one, and only afterwards noticed that Jody had already
created one. I've closed this issue as a duplicate.

 Sampo

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 1:15 PM, Sampo Savolainen (JIRA) <j...@codehaus.org>
wrote:

>       Sampo Savolainen
> <https://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=sampov2> *created*
> an issue           GeoTools <https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOT> / [image:
> Bug] <https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOT-4987> GEOT-4987
> <https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOT-4987>   Server locale affects CQL
> expression evaluation <https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOT-4987>      Issue
> Type:  [image: Bug] Bug   Assignee:  Unassigned   Components:  cql
> Created:  18/Jan/15 5:15 AM   Priority:  [image: Major] Major   Reporter:
> Sampo
> Savolainen
> <https://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=sampov2>
>
> CQL function numberFormat() uses Java DecimalFormat to produce string
> representations of values passed to the function. The DecimalFormat is used
> without specifying locale settings so the runtime environment of the server
> affects how the numbers are transcribed. This causes errant issues in some
> conditions as some language (Finnish for example) do not use the period as
> a decimal separator.
>        [image: Add Comment]
> <https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOT-4987#add-comment>  Add Comment
> <https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOT-4987#add-comment>             This
> message was sent by Atlassian JIRA (v6.1.6#6162-sha1:7af547c)   [image:
> Atlassian logo]

Sampo Savolainen
R&D Director, Spatineo Oy
sampo.savolai...@spatineo.com
+358-407555649
Linnankoskenkatu 16 A 17, 00250 Helsinki, Finland
www.spatineo.com, twitter.com/#!/spatineo
www.linkedin.com/company/spatineo-inc

This message may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you
may not use, copy, disseminate, or distribute it; do not open any
promptly by e-mail that you have done so.