Hey folks,

I heard a while back through the grapevine that the folks at Boundless are
interested in moving the YSLD styling modules currently living in the
Boundless geoserver-exts
<https://github.com/boundlessgeo/geoserver-exts/tree/master/ysld/gt-ysld>
repository to GeoTools? I was wondering if that is still the case because I
think it would be an awesome addition to the library.

I know this involves work and I don’t expect folks from Boundless to do
this on volunteer time. I have stakeholders that are very eager for this
and they have offered to sponsor my time to work on moving the code over to
GeoTools, initially as an unsupported module.

So this is the official ask to the Boundless folks for there blessing. It’s
also a poll of the GeoTools developers for opinions, etc… to start the
conversation.

Thanks!

-Justin