Hi folks,

Something I’ve been meaning to ask about is a clarification of why we have
to update copyright header dates to the current year for every file change.
As opposed to just having a static copyright header that signifies a
“copyright event” (like the change over to osgeo) and then stands for that
time forward.

The reason I ask is because I think this policy has some negative things in
my opinion. For one it’s a pain for both contributors and reviewers to
enforce. I myself never remember as you probably well know and I would say
I am a pretty regular contributor. It also adds noise to patches and pull
requests, which also makes things harder to review than necessary.

Anyways, just curious as to the rationale behind this decision. My
apologies if this has been covered in previous email.

-Justin