Thanks for the input everyone. I put together a proposal with all of the
options put forth on this thread. Apologies if I missed one, if I did just
let me know.

https://github.com/geotools/geotools/wiki/Updates-to-Copyright-Header-Policy

Like I said before this proposal involves listing out in order of
preference the various options. Feel free to update the proposal or just

Thanks!

-Justin