Hi all, I wanted to inquire about a couple of possible shapefile reader
fixes:

1. Reading of >2GB shapefiles doesn't *quite* work. The offsets passed
around seem to be int32 *byte* offsets, whereas the shapefile format itself
wants to use "number of 16-bit words" positioning. Is there some reason for
this? I've "fixed" it, but am wondering if this is tenable.

2. No support for Path? The NIO APIs have been around for a long time, and
offer a lot more flexibility to e.g. read directly from zip files. Any
reason not to plumb a "path" parameter through the data store factory to
support this?

3. No ability to explicitly disable sorting when paging. The
ContentFeatureSource sensibly checks if a start index has been set, and
includes natural sort if the user didn't explicitly set a sort already. The
problem is the user may have explicitly asked for UNSORTED, but the test
looks for SortBy[].length==0, which is true for UNSORTED. So that test
removes a useful distinction between "no sort was specified" and "user has
explicitly said unsorted is fine". Is fixing this test acceptable, or does
someone rely on UNSORTED being equivalent to "no sort specified"?

Best regards,

- Eric