Hi,
overall the changes look fine to me, but it would be easier to review them
on a PR. Could you make one?
Sorry for the late reply, during the week it's really hard to find time,
and the JDK11 upgrade sprint
has been sucking away spare time too

On Sun, Oct 14, 2018 at 10:58 PM Jared Erickson <jared.erick...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I would like to volunteer to be the maintainer of the ogr module.  I am
> working on a branch with three fixes:
>

> https://github.com/jericks/geotools/commit/110f5803e87262367dab69272e4f6ae1aef6288f
>
> 1. The GeoJSON format in older versions of GDAL doesn't support
> LayerCanCreateField
> correctly. I added it to the special exceptions list.
> 2. The failing spatial query test was due to GDAL (on my computer) not
> being compiled with GEOS support. If GEOS is not included then GDAL uses
> bounding boxes instead of actual geometries.
> 3. The CSV format test was failing because the first row which contains
> the headers was being counted because of the property names the test was
> using. For some unknown reason the property 'd' was causing GDAL to think
> the first row had data. I make the property names slightly more realistic.
>
> If this work looks good I can create a pull request.
>
> Thank you,
> Jared
>
> On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 2:07 AM Andrea Aime <andrea.a...@geo-solutions.it>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Jared,
>> the module was dropped out of build because it was breaking the build,
>> and had no maintainer.
>> So in order to bring it back to "life" it needs someone appointed as a
>> maintainer (you?) and
>> do whatever is necessary to fix its build. There is no requirement to
>> bring it up fully, e.g., you
>> might decide to only push up the JNI version of it, for example.
>>
>> See the original thread in which it was demoted:
>>
>> https://sourceforge.net/p/geotools/mailman/geotools-devel/thread/CA%2BnxMTtFWqB1cFThvQ2LTKg36Scvqvj_P8_d7SS_tavcxCXvrg%40mail.gmail.com/#msg36284051
>>
>> Cheers
>> Andrea
>>

>> On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 1:14 AM Jared Erickson <jared.erick...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all!
>>>
>>> I would like to get the GeoTools OGR modules back into a status where
>>> they are published to a maven repo.  The GeoScript Groovy projects uses
>>> these modules so I would like to volunteer to keep them compiling.  What do
>>> I need to do to get them publishing to maven again?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Jared