Our current proposal time limit was set in the days of subversion when we
had a single "trunk" and relatively strong divisions between modules in our
library. The idea being that a 3-day waiting period was good enough for
feedback before starting work :)

To avoid stagnation by lack of interest/time from community members the
following assurances are provided:

   - svn access for changes is granted within 3 days from the proposal
   - proposal is accepted ‘automatically’ within 15 days (unless objections
   are raised)

Now that we have GitHub and pull requests developers can work more
independently "svn access" is no longer a bottleneck, however it is still
easy to let proposals alone for days without feedback (and then be
surprised when the pull request comes in.

I would like to propose reducing our "accepted automatically" time to 10
days (giving two work weeks, and two weekends for PMC feedback).

I think we can also start sharing proposals with the user list

Here is what that change looks like:

To avoid stagnation by lack of interest/time from community members:

   - please share work-in-progress as a draft pull request for early
      feedback
      - community feedback and welcomed and encouraged
      - any remaining proposal PMC votes considered +0  ‘automatically’
      after 10 days