Attending

Torben Barsballe

Jody Garnett

Kevin Smith
Actions from last meeting:

   -

   All: Review/merge outstanding PRs prior to RC cuttoff

Agenda

   1.

   Jenkins to Java 11 Runtime
   2.

   User Manual Strategy
   3.

   AGM slides and video recording
   4.

   Release Candidate

Actions

   -

   Torben: Continue Jenkins Upgrade discussions on mailing list
   -

   Volunteer requested to record AGM Project update (see notes for script +
   slide)

Jenkins to Java 11 Runtime

Java 11 is the recommended version to run Jenkins on; please consider
upgrading.

https://www.jenkins.io/doc/administration/requirements/upgrade-java-guidelines/

   -

   Are we ready
   -

      Jenkins is up to date
      -

      We need to update Java
      -

   Backup? To repository first …

May require some Jenkins downtime

Timeline: After the .0 release

Action: Continue discussion on mailing list
User Manual Strategy

Is there any reason to host prior documents?

   -

   No particular reason … it was just how things were done?
   -

   It may be useful to host prior versions; as folks run geoserver form 5
   years ago …
   -

   Add more clear version switcher
   -

   Only .x releases instead of .0, .1, .2 , etc.

Q: GitHub pages? Waiting on domain name transfer … still!

   -

   No update from planet, the domain name company is working on it as a
   support ticket

Q: Placeholder pages? Could be a workaround …

Q: Search results getting prior versions? robots.txt ← can we fix this

   -

   Can we add this to our build?
   -

   https://developers.google.com/search/docs/advanced/robots/intro
   -

   https://developers.google.com/search/docs/advanced/robots/create-robots-txt

Q: Do we have landing page? No it was done remotely … (geotools has one)

   -

   https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/tree/main/doc/en
   -

   But we should be able to make one ...

AGM slides and video recording

AGM slide video is due August 30th …

   -

   Jody made slides for GeoTools and GeoServer here
   <https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/tree/main/doc/en> (slide 65 and
   66)
   -

   Action: Volunteer required to record the videos
   -

   Jody has the upload link for GeoTools. Who has the upload link for
   GeoServer - Simone?

Release Candidate

Coming up at the end of the month...

Discussion

   -

   Outstanding proposals, see email list
   -

   JTS Upgrade planned; will make a JTS release next week (for some
   improved Overlay)
   -

      Jody added PMD, Checkstyle to JTS build :)