Peter:

I think you need to be nominated (for general commit access) or request
commit access (to work on a community project). I am happy to review your
PR.

The user list is mostl for folks using the library, similar to stack
overflow. I tend to check it twice a month when I have time to answer
questions.

The developer list is for those working on the project directly. I check it
daily, and also attend the leadership meetings which occur every two weeks.