Thanks Alessandro:

Tested the artifacts from yesterday (
https://build.geoserver.org/view/release/job/geotools-release/46/):

*bin:*
- README.html appearance looks good, user guide links go to stable, and dev
guide links go to stable (should probably go to latest).
- README check (java 8 and java 11)
$ java -cp "lib/*" org.geotools.util.factory.GeoTools
GeoTools version 26.0
- README quickstart (java 8 and java 11)
mkdir bin
javac -cp "lib/*" -d bin
src/org/geotools/tutorial/quickstart/Quickstart.java
java -cp "lib/*:bin" org.geotools.tutorial.quickstart.Quickstart
(the java file dialog is somewhat hard to use, double clicking to open
folders)

*doc*
- javadocs are missing a license, but seem fine

*userguide*
- readme as for bin
- no distinct license file, although it is documented on the license page

*project*
- looks fine, all license information and so on has been collected
- built with java 8
- built with java 11