I would hope that it can now fetch and cache the jar (should be no need
for manual upload now that /me/steinborn/* is in the routing rules to be
cached?).

As for deploy, you provided credentials in your ~/.m2/settings.xml file
yes? What does "that didn't work" look like....

LDAP user danieleromagnoli has been granted GeoServer-Admin and
GeoTools-Admin permissions; but once again manual upload should not be
required.