If I follow the "tutorial" written in the text file jdbc-notes.txt will it
help me to achieve what I want ?

I have also already started to take a look at the code of the PostGIS JDBC
plugin, but I find it a bit hard to understand because there are some
functions where there are details that are not explained. Is somewhere a
full documentation about the dialect and what the functions are supposed to
do? Or even a video ?

Wassim