   -

   Torben Barsballe
   -

   Jukka Rahkonnen
   -

   Jody Garnett

Actions from prior meetings:

   -

   [TODO] Jukka: blog post about Java/library upgrades/migrations
   -

   [TODO] Janne Korhonen: Send an email to the list about new OGCFeat
   datastore and getting that added as a community module

Agenda

   -

   code-sprint update
   -

   2024 budget
   -

   JakarataEE planning
   -

   Switch to OSGeo Jitsi
   -

   release planning

Actions

   -

   Write up funding + sponsorship for geoserver 2024
   -

   Send Jitsi proposal to mailing list

Code-sprint Update

   -

   noisy, icebreaker starting 🙂
   -

   general osgeo sprint
   -

      Jukka working on open tickets and closing a lot
      -

      Lots of QGIS focus, just Jukka from GS/GT community
      -

   Q: Any CRA discssion? Maybe tomorrow.

2024 budget

GeoTools example:
https://github.com/geotools/geotools/wiki/GeoTools-2024-Sponsorship-Opportunities

We need one for GeoServer (and GWC) also.

This is not just the OSGeo budget request, it is also what we want to plan
and fund in 2024.

   -

   sponsor call out intended for the start of 2024 (take annual sponsor
   budget into account)

JakartaEE Planning

This is a key fund raising goal for 2024:

   -

   October 2024 deadline Java 17 transition
   -

   December 2024 deadline: Jakarta EE transition

https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/wiki/Jakarta-EE

See slides 53-55 for pictures:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1clOEsaUBzVVXZqCUHWvbyxPRAgRjSbmsOtCk06Zi068/edit?usp=sharing

Action:

   -

   [TODO] Jukka: blog post about Java/library upgrades/migrations
   -

   [TODO] write up funding + sponsorship for geoserver 2024

Switch to OSGeo Jitsi

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC:Jitsi

We need to update our link for meeting invite?

Checking https://geoserver.org/comm/ - nope it is not listed.

What would the new URL be?

https://meet.osgeo.org/GeoServerMeeting

Host needs to login with OSGeo User ID, yes it works!
Release Planning

Thanks to Peter Smythe for releasing GeoServer 2.23.3.

Jody is on-dec for November 20th release of GeoServer 2.24.1

   -

   Jody needs to get a security improvement in for open-id-connect