GeoTools / GeoServer PMC meeting - 2024-01-30Attending

   -

   Torben Barsballe
   -

   Peter Smythe

   -

   Kevin Smith
   -

   Gabriel Roldan
   -

   Andrea Aime
   -

   Amir Nikfal
   -

   Jody Garnett

Actions from prior meetings:

   -

   [DONE] action: Reopen ContentDataStore API ticket GEOT-7509
   <https://osgeo-org.atlassian.net/browse/GEOT-7509>  to update affected
   docs
   -

   Action: Wait for Carsten to read the above SQL Function discussion, and
   we can discuss further in email
   -

   action: Make a https://trac.osgeo.org/ right away to ask osgeo to
   purchase domain name (https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/3121#ticket)
   -

   [DONE] Action: Peter: create roadmap placeholder pages so we can list
   in-kind interested parties and sponsors
   -

   [DONE] action: Andrea creating a ticket
   <https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/site-support/25396/> for SF mailman
   download
   -

   [DONE] action: Jody to reply to email topic on getfeature freemarker
   encoding

Agenda

   -

   [GEOT-7411] App-schema performance improvement in setting attribute
   values <https://github.com/geotools/geotools/pull/4410>ready to merge,
   no bandwidth to fix failing integration tests?
   -

   Welcome to Peter in the PSC
   -

   Extending Query to support sorting on expression
   -

   Security vulnerability update/review ahead of 2.25.0 release cycle
   -

   Release/Roadmap planning

Actions

   -

   peter: Make a PR to update the PSC list (in the developers guide)
   gabe: Please help with review of #7156
   -

   [done] peter: Check-in with Brad to see how we can help/plan 🙂
   -

   Peter: Share new wiki pages with the community
   -

   gabe: Will make a PR for parallel loader
   -

   andrea: add peter to the security vulnerabilities issues

[GEOT-7411] App-schema performance improvement in setting attribute values
ready to merge, no bandwidth to fix failing integration tests?

PR has been re-aligned.

Issue, there are failing tests in the postgis online app-schema tests:

[ERROR]
FeatureChainingWfsTest.testEncodeFeatureMember:1868->AbstractAppSchemaTestSupport.assertXpathCount:340
expected:<1> but was:<0>

[ERROR]   PagingTest.testGetFeatureWithCSVFormat:900 expected:<text/csv[]>
but was:<text/csv[;charset=UTF-8]>

[ERROR]
SRSWfsTest.testGetFeatureContent:148->AbstractAppSchemaTestSupport.assertXpathEvaluatesTo:329
expected:<[-1.2 52.5 -1.2 52.6 -1.1 52.6 -1.1 52.5 -1.2 52.5]> but
was:<[52.5 -1.2 52.6 -1.2 52.6 -1.1 52.5 -1.1 52.5 -1.2]>

[ERROR]
SRSWfsTest.testReproject:378->AbstractAppSchemaTestSupport.assertXpathEvaluatesTo:329
expected:<[-1.2 52.5 -1.2 52.6 -1.1 52.6 -1.1 52.5 -1.2 52.5]> but
was:<[52.50000004 -1.2 52.60000004 -1.2 52.60000004 -1.1 52.50000004 -1.1 5

Welcome to Peter in the PSC

We appreciate all the help Peter has been giving to the project as of late!

Welcome Peter to the PSC.

action:

   -

   peter: Make a PR to update the PSC list

<https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/blob/main/doc/en/developer/source/policies/psc.rst>
   (in the developers guide)

Extending Query to support sorting on expression

Query SortBy allows sort on propertyName

   -

   We should be able to sort by an expression
   -

   Yes we should … make a GeoTools more general
   -

   May be a challenge for some DataStores?
   -

      Yeah but ContentDataStore handles this in memory or disk if your
      store cannot do the thing …
      -

      JDBCDataStore can learn how to do this, maybe Dialect?
      -

   PropertyName getPropertyName() // deprecated
   Expression getPropertyName()
   -

   Go through normal API change cycle, deprecate and remove
   -

   Make a proposal so we get all the tasks (example updating parsers)

Great idea!
Release/Roadmap planning

We identified a bunch work:

   -

   Peter made wiki pages for helpers, in-kind assistance
   -

   https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/wiki/Maintenance-%26-Roadmap

Can we do anything for the 2.25 release cycle?

   -

   roadmap: If the wicket 9 upgrade is ready it can be included? Not sure …
   -

      volunteers are asking how to help (for manual testing)…
      -

      but we first need developers to finish
      -

   roadmap: nothing else is close to being ready
   -

   Niels resource store api PR
   <https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/pull/7156> still needs jody to
   review (sigh)
   -

      https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/pull/7156
      -

      there is a solid test failure to fix here
      -

      Jody requests help as we seem to be at an impasse (Niels is correct
      in identifying the problem; just do not have a clear solution I am happy
      with)
      -

      Jody wants the paths to be consistent clear javadocs
      -

   roadmap: can we include the parallel loader please?
   -

      Gabe is using it as the default loader in geoserver-cloud. It has a
      bunch of production testing now (3-4 instances for some time now)
      -

      This is a great idea :)

action:

   -

   gabe: Please help with review of #7156 please
   -

   peter: Check-in with Brad to see how we can help/plan 🙂
   -

   Peter: Share new wiki pages with the community
   -

   gabe: Will make a PR for parallel loader

Security vulnerability update/review ahead of 2.25.0 release cycle

Jody has reviewed all outstanding vulnerabilities and assigned CVE numbers

   -

   everything is ready for 2.25.0 coordinated vulnerability disclosure

Two new reports to review/ discuss

action:

   -

   andrea: add peter to the security vulnerabilities issues