Hello.

I'm looking for insight on the purpose and use of
org.geotools.process.raster.RasterAsPointCollectionProcess's Grid Convergence
Angle calculation capability.  I am interested in a capability that adds GCA
attribute to all features output from RasterAsPointCollectionProcess and
thought supplying a targetCRS argument would do just that but it doesn't do
what I expect and left me wondering just what its intended use is.  Here's how
it appears to work.  Presence of targetCRS argument informs the process to
calculate GCA at each point after reprojecting it into the targetCRS, but only
if targetCRS is effectively different than the input GridCoverage2D's CRS.  Why
not calculate the GCA anyway?  Sure, the reprojection wouldn't be necessary but
there could still be a GCA.

As a follow-up question, I'd like to reuse
org.geotools.process.raster.GridConvergenceAngleCalc class in a Rendering
Transform since RasterAsPoint doesn't do what I need but it's package private.
Is there chance I could of get this moved to public?  I would also want to do
some work on its determineUpAxisDimension() method to make it work with more
projections.

Thanks,
Tom

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments from Science
Applications International Corporation ("SAIC") may contain confidential and/or
proprietary information, and is intended only for the named recipient to whom
it was originally addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, distribution, or copying of this e-mail or its attachments is
strictly prohibited.   If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
the sender immediately by return e-mail and permanently delete the e-mail and
any attachments.