On Saturday, 21 October 2023 12:20:39 AM AEDT Marco Lechner - FOSSGIS e.V.
wrote:
> I have an old mvn-based project that needs to be updated. I want to
> update the used geotools version, because 14.5 versions of gt-api,
> gt-referencing, gt-opengis and gt-epsg-hsql are used. The problem is
> that these artifacts seem to be available only partly for several
> geotools versions on OSGeo repo:
> While gt-referencing and gt-epsg-hsql are available for lots of versions
> (30.0, 29.0-29.2 28.0-28.5, ..., 20.0-20.5, 19.0-19.4, ...), gt-opengis
> is lacking the 30.0 artifact and there are no artifacts for gt-api
> between 20.5 and 30.0 (well, but 30.0 is available!)
>
> This is a little bit confusing. Can anyone enlighten me, whats wromg
> with the geotools artifact versions?
Nothing is "wrong", its just different. There have been significant changes
since 14.5. Please consult the upgrade guide in the geotools documentation.

In particular, the gt-opengis package is no more as of 30.0, but there is an
upgrade script that might (or might not - that is a lot of versions) help.

Possibly gt-api could be a lot different to what it was back then too.

Brad