Hi Uwe,

I would have made a subclass of WFSClient. In that way you could control the
headers-field that are used when creating GetFeatureRequest.

The WFSDataStore have a single constructor that takes a WFSClient, so that
shouldn't be a problem. You should maybe take a look at
WFSDataStoreFactor.createDataStore, and see how the WFSDataStore are created.
There are some setup function calls that might be necessary.

First of all I would've upgraded to a newer version of GeoTools.

Best regards,
Roar Brænden